2018 Purple Purse Challenge
The Avalon Center is participating in the 2018 Allstate Purple Purse Challenge! The image explains about the challenge, and listed below is what the Avalon Center would use the donations for! Please join our team at crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/avaloncenter-purplepurse2018, then create your own fundraiser and share your fundraising link with all of your friends & family, and encourage them to do the same! We thank all of you for your continued support!
Also..the first 50 people who donate $50 will receive one of the purse charms as pictured below!! We have a limited amount so you may want to think about donating soon!
The following is what the Avalon Center has set as goals to use all donations for:
* If we can raise $1000 the Avalon Center could provide bus tickets to 15 survivors within a fiscal year who are fleeing domestic violence.
* If we can raise $2500 the Avalon Center could provide survivors with Driver’s License, ID’s Birth Certificates, Social Security Cards, and other needed documents that are essential to them gaining not only financial freedom but new housing, jobs, going to school, etc but often get left behind when fleeing from abusive homes.
* If we can raise $5000 the Avalon Center could provide furniture for 30 survivors moving in to Transitional Housing and re-establishing themselves.
* If we can raise $10,000 the Avalon Center could get a Storage Building for the Shelter as well as a new generator.
* If we can raise $20,000 the Avalon Center could purchase a new and needed Van to provide transportation to clients who have none and need to go to appointments, work, school, be transported from a different county to our shelter, etc.
* If we can raise $30,000 the Avalon Center could expand our training and outreach, upgrade our presentation equipment and materials, expand our office space to include training rooms, support groups rooms, community rooms.
* If the Avalon Center can raise/win $50,000 the Avalon Center could upgrade the furniture at the shelter as well as do some desperately needed renovations to include a safe area for the animals of survivors who are staying at the shelter.
* If the Avalon Center can raise/win $100,000 we could upgrade our bedspace at the shelter (we only have 11 beds) which is ALWAYS full as well as our office space (which is overflowing) so that we may assist more clients/survivors.